Thursday, October 24, 2013

Blog 11: Midterm Reflection

         
             I have written ten blog entries so far, and I'm looking forward to write more with improvements. One of my favorite blog entries I have written is blog entry number seven. The title is "The Truman Syndrome Revision."  This is my favorite blog because I really liked the topic we had to write about.  It was about "Truman Show Syndrome: Why people think they're living in a really show." Author's stated his opinion  and ideas very well , and also he gave examples which helped me to write a good essay. Information given in the article were also very good, and I agreed with the authors opinion on the topic. Most of the times I do have a problem to support my opinion with a good and well organized example. In this essay I didn't have  troubles, even while writing my conclusion.
         Every activity is helping me in order to progress with my writing and to get prepared for final examination. I have to say that I was very afraid about the blog entry idea. I am kind of shy about my writing and sharing it with my classmates. Now, I have change my mind about it, and I think it is very helpful because I can read other classmates blog and they can read mine. On top of that, I'm aware of that and I'm trying to do my best. The best activity we did, is a CAT-W practice exam because its like taking the real exam and we can see after grading how we did.
          After taking two CAT-W practice exams I have seen my mistakes. Now I know exactly where I need to work more In order to write a better essay . I do need to work with my development of ideas, sentences and words. Additionally, I should work on my grammar. More of my practice time I should put towards sentence structure as well as spelling issues. I should more often practice using a program called Freerice. Reading other  peoples essays who got a passing grade from CAT-W exam is really helping me with idea and response development.

No comments:

Post a Comment