Monday, December 9, 2013

Final Project: Steamed Salmon with Vegetables.

I really enjoyed my final project because I love cooking.  I decided to prepare a meal thats steamed because it's very healthy and delicious. Meals that are steamed are less likely to lose their nutritional value. I choose to cook salmon with asparagus, baby zucchini and whole wheat couscous. I went to Trader Joe's in Rego Park to purchase my ingredients.

Ingredients: 
Couscous Whole Wheat: $1.99
Lemon 1 lb: $1.49
Baby Zucchini 12 oz: $2.49
Asparagus 12 oz: $2.99
Skinless and Boneless Salmon 0.755 lb: $7.54
Trader Joe's Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend with Ginger: $1.99



Directions:
I unpacked all of the products and washed the salmon and vegetables. Then I sliced the salmon into 4 pieces then seasoned it and squeezed lemon on it.



I placed all of the ingredients inside the steamer.
Then I set the timer for 15 minutes.






Meanwhile, I started preparing my side dish Couscous. I poured  hot water into couscous and left it for 5 minutes covered.


I removed the food when it was ready.




 I ate my meal with mom and brother. He took the picture.

















1 comment: