Sunday, September 29, 2013

Blog Entry 1: "Hype Revision"

            The article "Hype" by Kalle Lasn is informing us about the negative impacts that advertisements have on our daily lives. I agree with the author's view on public announcements, because they have a big influence on our entire society. I strongly support the author's first sentence in the passage where it states ads "are the most prevalent and toxic of the mental pollutants".  I agree with the author's opinion on advertisements how they pollute your mind and I believe they do and I can see them a lot in my life or around me.
      Everyday we pass by many advertisements that are on everything informing us about new products and things you should buy. The author mentions bank machine, gas nozzles, billboards, shopping carts. Anywhere we look they're there and we can't do anything about it. He said in his passage that "There is nowhere to run." In fact, I agree we are hopelessly bombarded with advertisements everywhere we go. Pointless is to take a road trip through the countryside to rest your mind and eyes on beautifully view of nature because like author mentions there are a big billboards on the side of highway.
       Too much of something can bring out negative effect. I understand some advertisements like ads that informs us about a jobs, service or product. I strongly disagree with companies selling by advertising cigarettes and alcohols. We all know, this type of advertisement can lead people to think they have to buy it to have fun and great time. Most damage is done to teens and minors, because they can be influence to smoke and drink which can bring negative effects on their health.
        We are all intelligent people  and we should not let advertisements to control our life by what we buy, eat or drink. Advertisement are in ours life and always will be . Now is a start to be open mind it, and to know when is time to say "no" to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment